Breaking News

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Unbelivevable!!!! Blind Graduate Student of O.A.U, Publishes Her First Book


A visually impaired person Anthonia Okoro, in her mid twenties has published her first book titled ‘ The Entails of my Being’ . Anthonia, despite her visual limitations , took the odd part to write her own book.

Anthonia, who is from Delta State, was born in Lagos State, Nigeria .

Fresh graduate of the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University ile -Ife, Anthonia strived very hard to get admitted into one of Nigeria’s notable university, before her graduation last year, has shown us that being limited is not an excuse and being blind doesn’t deter her vision.

According to her, she was not born with her eye defect, as she claimed she was born like any other Nigerian child. Saying :

    “I was born just like any other Nigerian child, I was never born this way, the challenges began during my primary school, where I was made to visit a doctor and my sight started deteriorating. I was later enrolled at the Pacelli school for the blind and partially sighted where I finished my primary education ” Anthonia said.

The book “Entails of my Being” is published by Wisdom Gate Communications and is set for launch on Saturday 19th March 2016. University of Lagos’s Glass Hall is the abode of the Launching.






According to the publisher – the book launch is open and would be a time of inspiration and challenge to both sighted and non sighted person.

Rahmon Abiola, one of Anthonia’s colleague described her as the most resilient visually impaired being he has encountered.

    “My course mate, the most resilient visually impaired person I have ever met, has a story to tell us here in her first collection of poetry titled ‘The Entails of my Being’ ” he said

Rahmon, also added that disability is not inability and he will help Anthonia achieve her dreams in his own capacity by making purchase of undisclosed copies of the book possible.
 
According to the publisher – the book launch is open and would be a time of inspiration and challenge to both sighted and non sighted person.
Rahmon Abiola, one of Anthonia’s colleague described her as the most resilient visually impaired being he has encountered.
“My course mate, the most resilient visually impaired person I have ever met, has a story to tell us here in her first collection of poetry titled ‘The Entails of my Being’ ” he said
Rahmon, also added that disability is not inability and he will help Anthonia achieve her dreams in his own capacity by making purchase of undisclosed copies of the book possible.
- See more at: http://www.naijaloaded.com.ng/2016/03/16/interesting-blind-oau-graduate-publishes-first-book/#sthash.tasR76ex.dpuf

0 comments:

Post a Comment